Mainframe Data Integration with Big Data Platforms
Offload queries from the mainframe and enable analytics on your valuable data
Many of the world’s largest companies continue to run mission critical applications on mainframe systems. But analyzing this data by directly querying the mainframe can be complex and costly, with billing based on MIPS (millions of instructions per second.)
To meet evolving business needs, enterprises are searching for new ways to integrate mainframe data into analytics platforms that include data warehouses and Hadoop. Attunity Replicate software can help by providing a simple and cost-effective way to feed mainframe data to Apache Kafka and Big Data environments, including all major Hadoop distributions.
Hadoop data lakes have emerged as the modern enterprise platform for storing volumes of diverse data and provide the foundation for modern big data analytics. More and more enterprises also are using Apache Kafka for high-scale, low-latency ingestion and processing of live data streams. But leveraging these modern environments requires a fresh approach to integrating offloaded mainframe data.
Attunity Replicate is an innovative software solution that accelerates mainframe data analytics with low-latency and low-impact data integration with data warehouses, Hadoop data lakes or Apache Kafka. This software solution enables continuous replication from different mainframe data sources without the need for any custom development. Check out our Knowledge Brief, Leveraging Mainframe Data for Modern Analytics, for more information. Also see our Solution Sheet
With Attunity Replicate, enterprises gain benefits such as:
- Support for many sources: Attunity Replicate is a single platform that supports many data sources on the mainframe including DB2 z/OS, IMS and VSAM (as well as many other data bases across many platforms).
- Simplicity (no manual coding): Attunity Replicate enables easy configuration through a wizard-based GUI.
- High scale for data ingestion/streaming: Attunity Replicate scales to ingest data from many databases to many targets, providing centralized monitoring and management.
- Real-time data capture for Kafka: Attunity Replicate feeds live database changes to Kafka message brokers with low latency, which helps enterprises to broadcast data streams concurrently to multiple Big Data targets.
- Mainframe Data Integration Solution Sheet
- Customer success: Swiss Life France uses Attunity Replicate to deliver a near real time, consistent view of customer data
- Attunity Replicate Data Sheet
- Knowledge Brief: Leveraging Mainframe Data for Modern Analytics
- Attunity Replicate Technical Whitepaper
- On-Demand Partner Webinar with Confluent: Streaming Data Ingest and Processing with Kafka
Related Products and Solutions